Infinity built the latest Kappa speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The low-impedance design makes these speakers very efficient, so you'll get great results powering them with a factory or aftermarket stereo.
The Kappa 63.9i 6-1/2" 3-way speakers feature light, but stiff woven glass-fiber woofer cones that won't flex or distort. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils produce tighter, snappier bass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Infinity uses the same Metal Matrix Diaphragm tweeter found in many of their popular home speakers, so you'll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion. A super-tweeter tops off the musical spectrum by broadcasting the extreme high frequencies.
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeters work together perfectly. Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the speakers, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
Important Note: These Infinity Kappa speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket stereos.
- Infinity 63.9i 6-1/2" Kappa Series Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per pair / 225 watts each
- RMS: 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each
- Woven glass fiber cone woofer
- Rubber surround
- 1" Edge-driven MMD (Metal Matrix Diaphragm) dome tweeter
- UHF super tweeter allows for frequency response as high as 30000 Hz
- Computer optimized voice-matched passive crossovers with audiophile-grade air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors
- Adjustable tweeter level (-3 dB, 0, +3 dB)
- 2 ohms impedance
- frequency response: 45-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-5/16"