Infinity built the latest Kappa speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The low-impedance design makes these speakers very efficient, so you'll get great results powering them with a factory or aftermarket stereo.
The Kappa 692.9i 6"x9" speakers feature light, but stiff woven glass-fiber woofer cones that won't flex or distort. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils produce tighter, snappier bass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Infinity uses the same Metal Matrix Diaphragm tweeter found in many of their popular home speakers, so you'll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion. The dome tweeters pivot, allowing you to adjust them for better stereo imaging.
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the speakers, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
Important Note: These Infinity Kappa speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket stereos.
- Infinity 692.9i 6" x 9" Kappa Series 2-way Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 660 watts per pair / 330 watts each
- RMS: 220 watts per pair / 110 watts each
- Woven glass fiber cone woofer
- Rubber surround
- Edge driven MMD dome tweeter
- Unipivot patented rotating tweeter allows tweeter to be directed at the listener's location
- Direct connect computer-optimized, voice-matched outboard passive crossover for superb detail and accuracy
- Tweeter level adjustment on tweeter by simply rotating the tweeter to add or subtract 3 dB output
- 2 ohms impedance
- Sensitivity 96 dB
- Frequency Response 35 - 25000 Hz
- Top-mount depth: 3-1/4"