Infinity built their Kappa Series speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The low-impedance design makes these speakers very efficient — you can even power them with your factory radio and get great results.
The Kappa 60.9cs component speaker system features 6-1/2" woofers with responsive woven glass-fiber cones that won't flex during a hard workout. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils add a little more punch to the bass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Textile dome tweeters
Infinity uses the same textile dome tweeters found in many of their popular home speakers with this Kappa system, so you'll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion. The tweeters handle down to 2,500 Hz, almost an octave below the tweeters in many systems, so you'll hear more definition and detail, no matter where you sit. Infinity includes mounting hardware to install the tweeters in custom or factory openings.
Premium crossover networks
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. You can attenuate tweeter response by 6 dB to get the perfect sonic balance if you've mounted the tweeters in a less-than-ideal factory location.
Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the Kappa woofers and tweeters, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
Important Note: These Infinity Kappa speakers use a low impedance design to pull more power safely from your car stereo or amplifier. This design is compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket stereos.
- Infinity 60.9cs 6-1/2" Kappa Series 2-way Component Speakers System
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 540 watts per set / 270 watts each side
- RMS: 180 watts per set / 90 watts each side
- Woven glass fiber cone woofer
- Rubber surround
- Edge driven UHF dome tweeter
- Unipivot patented rotating tweeter allows tweeter to be directed at the listener's location
- Direct connect computer-optimized, voice-matched outboard passive crossover for superb detail and accuracy
- Tweeter level adjustment on passive crossover to add or subtract 3 dB output
- 2 ohms impedance
- Top-mount depth: 2-7/16"
- Frequency Response: 45-35,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 93 dB