Alpine combines outstanding materials with superior construction to create their Type-S Series speakers. Upgrade your factory speakers with these Alpines, and they'll fill your vehicle with high-fidelity sound at a reasonable cost.
The SPS-500 5-1/4" speakers use strong, lightweight polypropylene-mica woofers to handle the lower frequencies. Air-injected rubber surrounds keep cone movement under tight control, eliminating distortion and enhancing bass. Stamped steel frames provide rugged support for these speakers, and their low profile allows them to fit in more factory locations.
The 3/4" silk dome tweeters play your high notes smoothly and comfortably with no hint of harshness. You can also swivel the tweeters up to 10 degrees to improve the stereo image at your listening position. These efficient Type-S speakers will sound great with a low-powered factory radio, but they're also made to handle the high power output of an external amplifier. Grilles are included.
- Alpine SPS500 5-1/4" Type S Series Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 340 watts per pair / 170 watts each
- RMS: 110 watts per pair / 55 watts each
- 4 Ohm Impedance
- Stamped Steel Shallow Frame Woofer
- Shallow Mounting Design
- High Grade Strontium Magnet
- Optimized Air-Flow Design
- Silk Dome Swivel Tweeters
- 3/4" Wide-Range Silk Dome Tweeter
- High Frequency Response: 22000 Hz
- Low Frequency Response: 80 Hz
- Sensitivity 87 dB
- Top Mounth Depth: 2"