The clear, well-balanced sound of Boston Acoustics SX speakers offers an excellent performance boost to almost any car audio system.
The SX85 6"x8" speaker combines Boston's Type-S2 tweeter with a heavy duty copolymer woofer and a durable rubber surround. A contoured tweeter plane provides an extended stereo "sweet spot" for smooth, realistic high-frequency response — no matter where you're sitting.
A built-in crossover sculpts the frequencies going to the woofer and tweeter for smooth blending of the highs and mids, and protects the tweeter against power overload. Compact, lightweight neodymium magnets reduce the size of these speakers so they can fit in more vehicles without sacrificing performance.
- Boston Acoustics SX-85 5" x 7" / 6" x 8" SX Series 2-Way Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 160 watts
- RMS: 50 watts
- Sensitivity 90 dB
- Frequency Response 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance 4 ohms
- Top Mount Depth 2-1/4"
- Cutout Dimensions 5" x 7-1/8"
- 3/4" Type S2 Kortec Dome Tweeters
- Neodymium Woofer and Tweeter Magnets
- Integrated Crossover
- Contoured Tweeter Plane Improves Off-Axis Response
- Copolymer Woofer Cones
- Butyl Rubber Surrounds