The SL65 6-1/2" 2-way speakers deliver the quality sound you expect from Boston Acoustics. How? It's all a matter of putting the right pieces together. Starting at the top, the SL65 features a 1" dome tweeter, constructed from a soft material that keeps the highs clean and smooth. This tweeter's asymmetrical design disperses highs in a wider pattern, for a more natural sound if you're not exactly in the line of fire.
For reliable reproduction of the lows, the 6-1/2" woofer cone incorporates a special design that keeps the speaker running cool to minimize distortion. A powerful but light neodymium magnet keeps the woofer's weight down — important if you're trying to shave ounces in a performance car.
A high-quality built-in crossover allows the woofer and tweeter to work together in perfect harmony. Mounting options include several ring adapters, making it easier to put these speakers in more locations, along with grilles that add a stylish touch to your custom installation.
- Boston Acoustics SL-65 6-1/2" SL Series 2-Way Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 400 watts per pair / 200 watts each
- RMS: 120 watts per pair / 60 watts each
- 6-1/2" high performance 2-way speaker system
- 6-1/2" copolymer cone woofer with butyl rubber surround
- Woofer's neodymium motor structure offers extrodinary power-to-weight ratio
- 1" Kortec® dome tweeters
- Contoured tweeter plane greatly improves on- and off-axis tweeter response
- Model Specific integrated muti-element crossovers
- Sensitivity 90 dB
- Frequency Response 50 - 20kHz
- Impedance 4 ohms
- Top Mount Depth 2-7/16"