Boston's SL80 2-way plate speaker delivers the quality sound you expect from Boston Acoustics speakers. How? It's all a matter of putting the right pieces together.
Starting at the top, the SL80 features a Type-S1 dome tweeter, constructed from a soft material that keeps the highs clean and smooth. The tweeter is mounted separately from the woofer, for precise stereo imaging.
For resolute reproduction of the lows, the woofer cone incorporates a special design that keeps the speaker running cool, minimizing distortion. A powerful but light neodymium magnet keeps the woofer's weight down — important if you're trying to shave ounces in a performance car.
The high-quality crossover mounted on the speaker ensures that the woofer and tweeter work together in perfect harmony — you'll enjoy impeccable sound from the highs through the lows. Grilles are not included.
- Boston Acoustics SL-80 5"x7"/6" x 8" 2-way Plate Speaker System
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 400 watts per pair / 200 watts each
- RMS: 120 watts per pair / 60 watts each
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20Khz
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Neodymium magnet ensures accurate, neutral tonal balance across the sonic spectrum providing a well-balanced wound quality
- Contoured tweeter plane delivers exceptional acoustic quality to any listening position for enjoyable sound anywhere in your vehicle
- Copolymer woofer cone with butyl rubber surround provides full-bodied, resonance-free bass and midrange ensuring you'll hear all the low tones of your music
- Install in your vehicle with adapter rings to simplify installation into any 5" x 7" speaker location
- Mounting Depth: 2-3/8" (59.5mm)