JL Audio W6v2 subwoofers deliver knockout low end with audiophile-quality sound. The patented polypropylene W-Cone™ design promotes strength without adding bulk which can slow woofer response. JL Audio conducted extensive research to ensure that the W6v2 sub's motor structure operates efficiently and precisely, delivering powerful, reliable bass. Exclusive cone-bonding assemblies, advanced cooling systems, and a highly stable spider attachment enhance reliability and promote long performance life.
The sub's solid cast-alloy basket allows your W6v2 sub to handle big-time power without any distortion-causing flexing. A sophisticated suspension system promotes linear cone movement for greater accuracy. The simple terminal jumper wiring system allows you to set the subwoofer's impedance to draw maximum power from your amplifier, or to design a multi-sub setup.
The 12W6v2-D4 subwoofer sports a 12" cone, polyester foam surround, and dual 4-ohm voice coils. The elegant JL Audio medallion on the front shows the competition you mean business. Go for a special look with the removable black trim ring, which can be painted to match your installation theme. The 12W6v2-D4 works best in a compact enclosure, so you can get great bass in some tight places.
- JL 12W6v2D4 12" Dual 4 Ohms W6v2 Series Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 1200 watts
- RMS: 600 watts
- Impedance: Dual 4 ohms
- W-Cone: unibody design, extremely stiff and light
- Large, progressive-roll spiders: optimized to controls long excursion without limiting it
- Floating-Cone attach method: ensures proper surround geometry for better excursion and voice coil alignment
- Plateau-reinforced spider attachment: relieves stress from the spider at high excursions
- Pole and cone venting: removes hot air during high power operation to improve sound quality and reliability
- Forced-air-cooled aluminum alloy frame: enhances power handling and sound quality
- Highly optimized motor systems: reduce distortion, and improve transient behavior
- Kapton voice coil former
- Customizable trim ring: can be painted to match installation colors
- 2.75" 4-layer dual 4 ohms voice coils
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- sensitivity: 85.9 dB
- top-mount depth: 7-5/8"
- sealed box volume: 1.25 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.5 cubic feet