AudioControl created the Overdrive with one goal in mind — to ensure that your amp sees the cleanest signal possible. Many modern car stereos boast 4- and 5-volt preamp outputs, but they're rated at full output. Turn your stereo to a normal volume level, send the signal through a 20-foot cable, and your amps may end up with just a couple of volts. That's why AudioControl made the Overdrive.
Higher voltage = lower noise
The Overdrive line driver boosts the signal from your receiver up to 24 dB, right up to the maximum level accepted by your amplifier or processor. The high voltage level keeps the noise out of your system, while feeding your amps the signal they need to deliver top performance.
Once connected, the Overdrive makes it easy — turn up the gain knobs until the light indicates 2-, 5-, or 7.5 volt output, and you're all set. Balanced inputs reject noise caused by your vehicle's electrical system, but you can switch to unbalanced operation if necessary. The Overdrive's low-impedance output keeps your signal going strong through long cable runs. +
- line driver provides up to 24 dB of gain (9 volt RMS maximum)
- white steel chassis with gold-plated RCA jacks
- top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- 2-channel preamp inputs and outputs
- balanced inputs and outputs eliminate noise
- light indicates 2-, 5-, or 7.5 volt output
- frequency response: 10 to 100,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB at full output
- maximum output level: 9.5 volts RMS (13 volts peak)
- fuse rating: 1 amp
- size: 5"H x 4-1/4"W x 1-1/4"D